Is your dentist supplying you with the service you need? Has it been a long time since you’ve visited a dentist at all? Are you searching for a dentist? The fact is we all need to see a dentist, as having a qualified dentist can be the difference between dental disaster and perfect oral health.
So, what should you look for in a dental practice?
Here at Golden Square Dental, we’d like to share with you a few tips that can simplify the process of locating the perfect dentist for you, your loved ones, and your family.
Here are Some Things to Consider
- How convenient is it to get to the dentist?
- Does the practice accept your dental plan?
- Is payment requested at each visit or will the dentist file a claim with your insurance company and bill you for the balance?
- What are the fees for standard treatments (e.g., x-rays or cleaning)?
- Is information about fees provided before treatment is scheduled?
- Is the practice willing to set up a payment plan for more expensive treatments?
- How does the dentist handle emergencies during office hours or after office hours?
- If you call the practice with a problem, can you speak to the dentist? Are telephone calls returned the same day?
- Are patients reminded of their appointments?
How to Find the Best Dentist for You
If you are searching for a dentist, a common place to begin is with friends, family, or other health professionals including your pharmacist or doctor.
Use online tools to make certain a dentist has all the services and skills you require. Google, Yelp, or similar search/information tools can be invaluable.
Once you have narrowed down your search, go on a visit. You can talk to a dentist to learn about their procedures, practices and policies. Also chat with the office staff and assistants to learn about their training and education, term of practice, specialties, appointment schedules, emergency care, office hours, payment plans and staff experience.
Convenience is important! No matter how great a dentist is, if you don’t visit them, they can’t help! Check office hours, ease of access, parking, and services. Choose a dentist that it is easy to visit. After all, you will be visiting at least twice a year and don’t need excuses not to visit!
Try the dentist on for size. Schedule one simple visit to see if your research has led you to a good dentist. If your experience is bad, there is no reason to go back!
3 Questions To Ask A Potential Dentist
1. What will you do to make sure I am as calm and as comfortable as possible during a procedure?
Many people are nervous about visiting their dentist. Fortunately, new dental techniques and technologies have been designed with your comfort in mind, and your new practice should use them.
2. How can you help me to afford my oral-health care needs?
Improving your smile is an investment that pays dividends, both socially and professionally – from your employer, to your spouse, friends, and even business associates. But dental care is not always inexpensive.
At Golden Square Dental we work with you to make sure that you receive the smile you need for the price you want.
3. What are your qualifications?
All dentists undergo similar basic dental training as required by law. But asking this question will let a dentist explain any additional training, skills, or experience they have. Make sure to listen to their answer carefully.
The Perfect Dentist
The perfect dentist will:
- LISTEN to you and your concerns.
- Examine you carefully and thoroughly and take a complete set of modern digital X-rays.
- Sit down with you and patiently describe your current problems in plain language.
- Provide you with several practical solutions to your problems arranged in an understandable step-by-step “worst first” plan of treatment.
- Help you understand your dental insurance and how you can best take advantage of it.
- Provide a clear written estimate of your expected cost for treatment.
- Provide financing options for your estimated cost.
- Always be available to discuss any concerns you might have.
And, with all due modesty, we think you will find that perfect dentist at Golden Square Dental!
Your Trusted Family Dentist in Golden Square
Established in 1976, Golden Square Dental strives to provide your family with the highest standard of dental care in a warm and friendly environment.
Our primary focus is you. We do everything to ensure that you are comfortable in our practice and confident in our care. We combine the latest in modern dental technology with traditional approaches to provide the best in family dental care in a relaxing atmosphere.
Golden Square Dental is a family focused dental practice with a strong emphasis on preventative care and general dentistry to help you and your family achieve a healthy smile for life.
We offer flexible appointment times Monday to Friday.
Same Day Emergency Appointments Usually Available!
Call us at (03) 5443 0063 or book your appointment online today!